Re: gEDA-user: weird names in PCB part library

I confess, I don't use a graphical wysiwyg method. I don't use a macro language. I don't use a land pattern generator program. I use emacs. With the amount of time I have put into creating patterns, I should have written a generator by now. But how patterns are created is rather irelevent to me. What we need is a library of tested and proven patterns. Generating patterns using a macro just before they are dropped in has additional risks of is my macro tool the same version as yours will i get the same output. And so on.

So generate the land patterns as you will but have them saved as the new format.

My personal library has 51 standard patterns and a few custom or specialized patterns.

Thanks,

Steve meier

0.1_inch_3pin
100qfp