Re: gEDA-user: Printing from PCB from commandline

On Sun, Aug 15, 2004 at 09:41:49AM +0000, Karel Kulhav? wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have read PCB manpage and realized it's possible to define several UNIX
> commands that are executed at various occassions. However didn't find any
> place where PCB commands could be specified to be executed.
>
> I would like PCB to start, print the design in postscript, print the
> design in Gerber, set the displayed texts from refdeses to values, then
> print the design again in postscript under different filename base, then
> quit without saving file.
>
> Is it possible to program this sequence of actions from commandline?

Not currently, but as DJ pointed out, I want it too.  I almost
have the first 2 steps done.  Those are to

a) add an action that lets you do :ExecuteFile(filename) from
   within PCB to execute all the actions in a file.

b) allow the user to specify this script file from the commandline

Whats missing is the actions which let you actually do the printing
and print setup without using the print dialog box.  This shouldn't
be too hard, but I'm not sure when I'll get to it.  Hopefully
a) and b) will be checked in "soon" though.

Feel free to hack on the last part!

-Dan