Re: gEDA-user: Printing your artwork

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 13:05:46 +0200
Christian Treldal <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I've made a small pcb. The ps output is ok, it prints nicely to scale.
>
> I plan to use the toner transfer method to make the print. I am using HP
> inkjet overhead film for the transfer, and to save the costs (no I'm not
> a Scotsman) I wonders if someone has run into a program, that easily
> lets you multiply and arrange the pcb printout on one page, without
> destroying the scaling of the pcb.

I've had little luck with inkjet overhead film. The black surfaces don't
cover enough, and sometimes the printer's drum get dirty and smudges the
following pages. I've used EPSON glossy photopaper, which peels off
nicely just with lukewarm water. There's probably room for improvement,
but I've made several boards with dense SMT components. It works.

> I've tried the Gimp, but it seems much to complicated for me. It lets
> you import and arrange the pcb's; but one seems always to end up with a
> printout, which is out of scale.

It's not really that difficult with Gimp - and till now, the result are
the best:

- Save the output PS file as EPS (there's an option in PCB).
- Open the PS in Gimp - set the resolution to 600 dpi, and set both
  text and graphics to the highest of the interpolation options.
  Also, mark 'Try bounding box', else you'll have to play with the
  pixel width & such.
- Print, setting the slidebar at the bottom to 600 dpi.
  It's easy to drag the PCB board to wherever you want it on the page.

> Vy 73 de OZ1GNN

73 de John ON6JC/LW3HAZ