Re: gEDA-user: Unable to view component documentation in gschem

Hi David,

On Saturday 20 August 2005 17:25, David D. Hagood wrote:
> As I understand it, if a component has defined a
> "documentation=<url>" attribute, it should be possible to view the
> documentation for that component by selecting the component, the
> doing a Hierarchy->Documentation.
>
> However, when I do this on a component which has that attribute,
> nothing seems to happen, and the following shows up in the log:
>
> Documentation for
> [http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/41203B.pdf,PIC16F688
>,,PIC16F688-1.sym]
>
> Am I missing something here? As I understood it that should launch
> the specified page in my browser, but it does nothing.
                                ^^^^^^^^^^

Well there's a browser candidate list in the gschemdoc shell script.
Maybe you don't have one of these candidates.
Just add your browser to the list.
----------snip-------------------
#
# these may be changed to suit local preferences
#
CANDIDATE_BROWSER="galeon mozilla phoenix netscape netscape-navigator
opera"
CANDIDATE_PDFREADER="xpdf acroread ggv gv"
CANDIDATE_LOCATE="slocate locate"

I've installed firefox and konqueror. The documentation failed too.
(added them to CVS)

regards
Werner