Re: gEDA-user: Advice for installing RPMs

On 8/31/05, Wojciech Kazubski <wk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello!
> Sometimes when trying to install a RPM package, the computer says that
> something (usually a library) is required. The problem is to guess the name
> of package that provides required file. There is a webpage that may help
> here:
>
> http://rpm.pbone.net
>
> If the name of wanted resource is entered on the page, the repository is
> searched and all RPMs containing it are displayed. The package can be
> downloaded from there, but the server is not too fast.
>
> Wojciech Kazubski

Alternately, you can use Yum or Apt and let the computer chase the
dependencies for you.

BTW, I'm still mirroring your RPMs in my Yum archive at
http://mlug.missouri.edu/~markrages/yum. I'm going to try to recompile
the source RPMs on my x86_64 FC2 machine today.  If they work, I'll
post them too.

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail
--
You think that it is a secret, but it never has been one.
  - fortune cookie