gEDA-user: Installation problem wxGtk

Hi everyone!
I've downloaded the ISO from gEDA official site and started installer
--log from CD-ROM but it says I need wxGtk.
I've tried
rpm -qa | grep wx
and I can see that wxGTK 2.6 is present on my SuSE 10.1.
If I try to install wxGtk as installation process says it stops and I
cannot understand wyh.
The log file fiures out as the following:

Preparing to install wxGTK. . . .

Now start process of building and installing guile-gtk.

I need root in order to execute this command.

    ---  Starting expect session  ---
Sending su
Timeout waiting for password prompt
Spew received up to now: ciccio:/media/CDROM #

Can someone help me?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Stefano C.