gEDA-user: analog switch idea

I'm looking for some ideas on how to multiplex some single-ended audio signals. The plan is to connect the mux to a differential amp, which in turn drives an ADC.

The obvious (at least I think it's obvious) choice is to use some variety of analog switch IC. ON-semi has some decent ones actually, but they have a THD numbers around 0.01%. Not bad, but not good enough either. I'd like to get at least an order of magnitude better.

I recently saw a "design idea" in EDN where the author used an analog switch to change the gain of an op-amp to zero. Cute idea actually. But, he used a really expensive low-noise op-amp. So I guess my next criteria is low cost. How low? not sure.

If it the cost gets high enough, I will design in a separate ADC such that each analog input has a direct and single path to an ADC. I'll handle the rest in digital-land.

Any ideas?

thanks

gene