Re: gEDA-user: default attribuet visibilty

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006, George M. Gallant, Jr. wrote:

I am try to generate a BOM for a number of small projects that use
common components. Using gattrib is a great help. However, when
I go back to gschem all my "helpfull" attributes clutter the schematic.

1. Is there a user modifiable config somewhere?

In gattrib you can select an entire attribute column, then do "visibility -> set invisible" (or something like that) from the top pull-down menu.

Right now gattrib doesn't give you any feedback about the visibility
state of your attribs.  This is a feature I intend to add soon.
(That is, I want "visible attributes to be displayed as black,
"invisible" attribs to be displayed as grey, name and value attribs as
bold, etc.)  Doing this means that I need to figure out how Pango
works.  Yuck!

IN any event, the pull down menu can currently be used to set teh
visibility of individual attributes as well as an entire column (or
row) of attributes.

2. How do I preset the column order width in gattrib?

Right now you can't. :-(

Gattrib -- like gschem -- needs a config
file which saves the session settings (e.g. column widths, etc).  Such
a feature has been requested, and your suggestion could be implemented
there also.  Also, gattrib currently has no way to move columns around.

Alas!  I don't have the required bandwidth to implement all those nice
features!

Stuart