Re: gEDA-user: Re: SMD design "Twister2" released

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 01:19:09AM +0200, kai-martin knaak wrote:
> Karel Kulhavy wrote:
>
> > I have released Twister2
> > http://ronja.twibright.com/twister2/
>
> Very nice.
> How do you do the gallery? Some kind of script?

A C program I wrote. I can send it to you if you want. I didn't release it but
I can licence it under GPL.

> You put all the caps on the bottom while there seems to be space on the top.
> Is this for EMV reasons? Pretty few resistors and caps compared to the

That's because the ground plane is on the bottom. If the cap was on the
top, I believe the self-induction would be higher. And this way the part
density on both side is equalized, too.

> projects I do.
> Also, there seem to be no patches or green wire --> Congrats!

Thanks

CL<