Re: gEDA-user: Renumber in PCB/Was/Is List

DJ Delorie wrote:
Is there documentation anywhere on how to get started in developing
for PCB/gschem?

No formal documentation, but it's not hard.  Look at src/puller.c for
an example of tying a custom function in (the action API is in hid.h).
You can also look at src/hid/bom/bom.c for code that looks up the X,Y
location of all elements.  The only remaining part is to look in
undo.h and change.h for the relevent functions to actually rename the
elements.

You probably need to update the loaded netlist too. Also you may need to turn off the 'unique name' and (maybe) the 'locked element' checks. If you don't turn off the locked element checks you'll have to deal with that too.

If I get overly motivated tonight I'll send at least a partial patch.

-Dan