From: geda-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:geda-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Cesar Strauss
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 11:07 PM
To: geda-user@xxxxxxxx
Subject: gEDA-user: Re: gschem fonts issue on cygwin

Craig Niederberger wrote:

> Thanks again, Cesar!  Oddly, the pointer trails remain even with the
> toggle...
> Craig

Pointer trails? Interesting. Does it also happens over the X command
terminal window? Does it happens when the pointer is outside the drawing
area (over the gschem menu bar, tool bar or component window)?

You mentioned you might begin to use Linux soon, which would probably
fix this problem right away. If you are still willing to do a few more
tries on Windows, then please do the following:

1) Try using the Print Screen keyboard key to capture a screenshot of
the problem. Use the Paste command on the Windows Paint program to save
it to a JPG file, then send it off-list directly to my email address, as
an attachment (or post it on the Internet somewhere).

2) Shut down all your Cygwin applications. Then, download, install and
run the Xming X Server from:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/xming/Xming-6-9-0-10-setup.exe?download

Start Cygwin again, but, instead of startx, type
$ export DISPLAY=:0
$ gschem

Cesar