Re: gEDA-user: Fun challenge: cat-5 cable tester

Oh, I love puzzles!

Is there a typo in your diagram?  You list P0/AD0 twice (same for
P1/AD1, etc...)  Presumably you are targeting a specific uP for the
GPIO/AD pins.  Does it have only 4 such pins and is that part of the
challenge?

My first thought, drifting off to sleep last night, was that all of
the resistors should probably have the same value.  My second thought
was that R11-R18 will probably end up wanting to be half of the values
of R1-8... or is that double? :-)

My third thought was that electrons and I seldom agree on how they
should behave and, while I'll enjoy this puzzle for a little while,
I'm almost certain to come up with the wrong answer :-)

You mention some computer simulations... do you already know the
solution to this puzzle?

--wpd