Re: gEDA-user: Adding components to the gEDA library

On 8/22/07, Amit Finkler <amit.finkler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have two related questions:
>
> 1.    How do I add additional components to gEDA, i.e. where do I put them
> and which configuration file do I need to change?
>
> 2.    Where can I find libraries which are compatible with the gEDA syntax
> on the internet?

For gschem I add lines to the system-gafrc file ---

(component-library "/local/lan/geda/gschem-sym/ic-Analog-Devices")

There are other gafrc files you can customize. See the FAQ at
http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:faq-gschem

For PCB I place all of my "production" footprints in one directory and run a
bash file called sch2pcb which contains the lines ---

#!/bin/bash
gsch2pcb --use-files --elements-dir /local/lan/pcb/packages $@

my footprints are in the /local/lan/pcb/packages directory.

You can view my footprint library at

http://www.luciani.org/geda/pcb/pcb-footprint-list.html

For schematic symbols and footprints you can also check
www.gedasymbols.org

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org