Re: gEDA-user: PCB: Rat's nest to best routing... strategies ?

armdeveloper wrote:

> Does anyone have any strategies for placing components while still in
> the ratsnest stage that will make for a really nice compact auto routed
> board ?  Or is it just trial and error ?  I've always wondered this...
Think about grounding and shielding first, then about functional
divisions, then about how many layers and vias you want...

I like a little book called Grounding and Shielding Techniques in
Instrumentation
by Morrison.

Trial and error works.  That's how humanity has progressed mostly.

John Griessen

--
Ecosensory
tinyOS devel on:  ubuntu Linux;   tinyOS v2.0.2;   telosb ecosens1