Re: gEDA-user: convert lib file to sym

On Monday 27 August 2007, Dave Stikkolorum wrote:
> Does anybody know how to convert a lib file (spice format)
> to seperated sym files.

If I understand you correctly, it is impossible.

Spice files contain simulation data, such as a list of model
parameters..    Sym files are pictures.  They describe an
image, what it looks like on a schematic.

> I come to this because the transistor 2N5457 isn't in the
> geda sym files.

It's a JFET.  Look for a symbol for a N channel JFET, and use
that.  Edit the attributes to put in the data you need.

I'm sure the standard set of symbols includes one for a JFET.