gEDA-user: reload library directories while in gschem

I have the following line in my system-gafrc,

(component-library-search "${HOME}/projects/sym")

which searches that directory for symbols and symbol directories when
starting gschem. If I add a directory when working in gschem (e.g. I
did not have any opamps, and then made a new opamp directory for
those) I have to exit gschem and restart to see the symbols from that
directory.

Is there any way to reload the directories while in gschem, or is
restarting the only option?

Thanks,
Duncan

--