Re: gEDA-user: schematic messed up

On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 10:53 +0200, Duncan Drennan wrote:
> I upgraded from the 20070216 version to the latest 20070626 version,
> and now my schematic is pretty much messed up. I saved the whole
> symbol directory (as I'd used a bad method of creating symbols) and
> tried to just reference the old symbol library directory when opening
> the schematic. Many of the caps (not all) are rotated, and most of the
> resistors are offset.
>
> I tried gschupdate and gsymupdate but no luck. Any ideas....please?

I've no idea what might have caused the issue, but there is nothing
deliberate I can think of which should alter the reading of schematics.

I've not been able to find a 20070626 release, did you mean 20070526?

I've taken a look through the log of 140 commits between those releases,
and see nothing which is likely to cause this.

Try opening the schematic with the version of gschem + libgeda you had
before. I'd imagine the schematic will look the same.

Were the components you now find offset and rotated ones you'd edited?

Peter C.