Re: gEDA-user: Surface mount LEDs

Hi,

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 18:30:52 GMT
msokolov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Sokolov) wrote:

> Hello gEDA/PCB users,
>
> I'm looking for some surface mount LEDs, specifically a 1206-sized (or
> thereabouts) green LED and a 1210-sized (or thereabouts) bicolor
> red/green LED, both shining upward from the PCB (i.e., not right angle).
> Would prefer for the two to be somewhat matched, i.e., from the same
> family.

For the bi-color led I can recommend the Harvatek HT-155 series and also
the Fairchild QTLP650C-24 of which I suspect the former is a cheap
Taiwanese knock-off.

Attached is a footprint for this 1210 type of led.

Kind regards,

Hans

http://www.harvatek.com.tw/05_our_products/HT-155%20Series.pdf

> I wonder, would anyone here have a part they can recommend?  I.e., one
> for which there is:
>
> a) a good PCB footprint;
> b) a part number orderable from somewhere;
> c) an indication of which side is the anode and which is the cathode;
> d) for the bicolor LED, knowledge of which one is red and which one is
>    green. I want to connect the green one to the DSR modem control
>    signal and the red one to an error signal on my SDSL board, so I'd
>    like to know which is which by some way other than connecting it
>    randomly on the PCB, firing it up and observing the color.
>
> TIA,
> MS

$ cat .sig /dev/null