Re: gEDA-user: global nets

On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 20:04:29 -0400, gene wrote:

> OK, I feel dumb -  I can't find it anywhere   How do I declare a global
> net?

All netnames are global with regard to the current sheet. Whether or not
netnames are global in a hierarchical stack of schematics, depends on the
settings in gnetlistrc. This file can reside in $HOME/.gEDA or locally
next to the schematics. Defaults are set in system-gschemrc. Copy the
respective lines to your local gnetlistrc, if you want a different
behavior.

There is no way to make individual netnames global (none that I know).
However, you can differentiate between netnames granted to nets the
netname attribute and netnames defined by the net attribute. This aims at
power symbols, which set their net with the net attribute. That way, you
don't need to hand the power nets in the sub sheet symbols.

HTH,
---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak