Re: gEDA-user: Footprints over the edge

> What if you have an outline layer that you hang the parts over the
> outline?

You can make two footprints for your over-the edge parts ... say one
without the the silk information that you're using for alignment.  After
doing the layout, switch to the footprint without the silk (?).

As for hanging parts over the outline layer ... it'll come down to your
board maker.  I don't think PCB will shear off the stuff over the line (I
suppose someone could make it so(?)).  Either they won't notice because
they automatically trim anything outside of the outline, or  they'll
suspend your job until you tell them it's okay.

I've sent boards to advanced circuits before and they didn't even notice
there were parts of connectors (in silk) hanging over the edge.

Phil