gEDA-user: gschem 1.4.0 crashing while editing symbol attributes

Hi all,

I can crash gschem version 1.4.0 reproducibly by doing the following:

1) fire up gschem from the shell (empty sheet!)
2) add a spice-directive-1 symbol
3) highlight the new symbol and type ee to open the "Edit Attributes" window
4) right click the 'file' attribute and select delete from the menu
popping up
5) click on the value of the 'value' attribute and remote the question
mark by hitting the backspace key
6) then right click on the now empty value of the 'value' attribute
(doesn't work for me if the value field isn't empty)

*crash*

This is what is written to the terminal
cl@quasar:/tmp$ gschem
gEDA/gschem version 1.4.0.20080127
gEDA/gschem comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see COPYING for more details.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
conditions; please see the COPYING file for more details.

(gschem:10226): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkTextView - did not receive
focus-out-event. If you
connect a handler to this signal, it must return
FALSE so the entry gets the event as well

Gtk-ERROR **: file gtktextview.c: line 4482 (blink_cb): assertion
failed: (GTK_WIDGET_HAS_FOCUS (text_view))
aborting...
Aborted
cl@quasar:/tmp$

My intend was to paste some text from the clipboard into the value field
of the directive. I wasn't able to crash gschem by using for example the
resistor-1 symbol, so maybe only symbols having many default attributes
are affected.

Maybe this is an old issue, but I'm reporting nevertheless.

BTW: Still running Debian 3.1, so maybe that's the reason for the
behavior. But the build process worked without any complaints and the
prerequesites (gtk2, libguile, ...) are met by my system. Besides that
issue, gschem works for me like a charm and I can do my almost-every-day
work with it.

regards
	Christoph