Re: gEDA-user: Cambridge coding weekend

On Aug 21, 2008, at 6:29 PM, Peter TB Brett wrote:
> 3. (The big one). Embedding TinyScheme into libgeda, and then
> ripping out
> Guile. If all goes as planned, this should result in gschem,
> gnetlist etc
> working identically from the users point of view. This stuff will
> be in a
> branch, obviously! Check out my 'die-guile-die' branch if you want
> to see the
> progress so far [http://repo.or.cz/w/geda-gaf/peter-b.git].

   What's the rationale for ditching Guile?  I'm not arguing against
it, I'm just curious.  I've used Guile as an embedded scripting
language in a project of my own and didn't have any trouble with it.
Some releases are a pain to build on non-Linux platforms, but other
than that my results were positive.

   I will have to take a peek at TinyScheme.

> 3a. Add a bare-bones Scheme REPL / batch processing app somewhere,
> aimed at
> people who want to e.g. do weird and wonderful things to schematics
> from
> Makefiles. (If I have time after 3).

   Now THAT will be neat.

          -Dave