Re: gEDA-user: gEDA just hit SlashDotOrg (why live CD wouldn't work)

On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 22:16:10 -0400, evan foss wrote:

> So then why do people still keep coming here demanding gEDA be more like
> those programs?

I have been reading this list long enough to say, that they don't.
Ok, there have been one and a half cases since 2005. This is hardly
a base to make a realistic asessment what "the" windows users want.

> Oh. I though there was a cygwin build or something from a long time ago
> and it was just not maintained.

There is a cygwin based install and a version compiled for windows.
I put both for download on the server at my day-job:
http://bibo.iqo.uni-hannover.de/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=fertigung:start

There is an english version of the install howto:
http://bibo.iqo.uni-hannover.de/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=fertigung:englische_version_der_anleitung

Both installs include gaf and pcb. I'd be happy to hear how smooth the
windows versions run. However, no comments arrived, yet.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Öffentlicher PGP-Schlüssel: