Re: gEDA-user: gEDA just hit SlashDotOrg

   Right on.  Lack of a footprint browser was a huge turnoff when I first
   started using geda.  In fact, it compelled me stick with eagle for
   longer.  As for moving objects to an absolute location, two simple
   things need to be done.  Moveobject() only moves 1 object at a time it
   does not operate on all selected.  This could be changed by adding a
   Moveselected() function or adding another arg to moveobject() for
   instance moveobject(selected, +200, -200, mil).   It would also be
   simple to put that in the gui somewhere.
   I don't know about a footprint browser, that is not as simple.  I use
   grep on the command line to find them.  I was not finding footprints
   easily and i was rewriting footprints that already existed before I
   figured out how to search for them.  It seems like common sense now to
   use grep but when I first switched to linux I knew nothing about
   grep.  We could do a folder view of footprints with an entry box for
   grep patterns.  This is a challenge if it has to be OS-independant.