Re: gEDA-user: PANGO FONTS MERGED: Call for testing

On 08/18/2009 08:22 AM, Peter Brett wrote:
> Duncan Drennan<duncan.drennan@xxxxxxxxx>
> writes:
>

>> On cygwin:
>>
>> ./configure --prefix=/home/XXXX/geda
>>
>> [snip]
>> configure: error: GLib 2.12.0 or later is required.
>>
>> The latest official glib2 release on cygwin is 2.10.3 :(
>>
> Yes, this problem was also noted by Bert Timmerman.
>
> GLib 2.12 is a dependency of GTK+ 2.10, which we currently require.  I
> have difficulty believing that the Cygwin GTK+ package hasn't been
> updated more recently than May 2006 (actually, that's frankly
> ridiculous).  I recommend that you whinge at the Cygwin package
> maintainers for the GTK+/GLib packages.

Also, on an up-to-date Fedora 11 distribution, configure complains about
Glib 2.12.0.  The latest glibc in the Fedora repositories is 2.10, but
there is a Glib2 v. 2.20 installed on my machine.   How do I determine
exactly which package configure is looking for?

-Ethan