Re: gEDA-user: PANGO FONTS MERGED: Call for testing

On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 07:40 -0500, Bill Gatliff wrote:
> Peter Clifton wrote:

> When I built it under Debian, I used the above commands except that I
> didn't seem to need the --with-xgdatadir.

If you install in $HOME/geda/, then you'll want to tell the build system
where to install the icons and menu entries etc.., for which you use:

--with-xdgdatadir=$HOME/.local/share

If not, I believe it will install them under $prefix/share/, where your
system probably won't find them (almost certainly true if $prefix is
$HOME/geda/)

You don't need --with-xdgdatadir if you install under /usr/local, or
(for distro packages) /usr/

Regards,

--
Peter Clifton