Re: gEDA-user: Commercial CAD, land pattern generators report

Hi John,

I was working on a dxf exporter for pcb.

Recently did a couple of steps converting this into a pcb plugin for
exporting dxf stuff, and maybe importing a pcb outline from mechanical CAD.

Problem with dxf is that it doesn't support 3D shapes in a usable way, this
remains bound to AutoCAD for further processing.

Furthermore I started a pcb footprint wizard in GTK (an open source
look-a-like version of Tom's stuff).

And had some thoughts about a BGA fanout utility (gfanout) and some
automation of adding pinout labels in pcb footprints or gschem symbols or
what usage I can further think of (gpinout).

Oh, and I bundled some pcb plug-ins.

All to be found at http://www:github.com/bert

Most of these projects are half baked, you (both the lists) are all invited
to bake the other half.

This because my spare time is becoming "sparse time"

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.