gEDA-user: adding new components

Hello!

I'm pretty new to gEDA, at first I'm not able to locate bc212 in the components
list, regarding this I have some questions: How can I create custom components
(e.g. bc212)? I found the components in /usr/share/gEDA/sym, but at first sight
it isn't obvious how can I create a file appropriate for a given component. Is
there a howto about it? And finally, if I manage to create a sym file for a
component, where can I submit it so that the future wersions could conatin it?

fyi I use Ubuntu 10.04

Thanks for your answers in advance.
--
With regards: Imre Péntek