Re: gEDA-user: pcb keyboard shortcuts (and usability in general)

Andrew Poelstra wrote:

I've also done this, but if you take it to its logical conclusion,
you should also add Ctrl+O for open, Ctrl+Z/Y for undo/redo, Ctrl+N
for new, Ctrl+P for print, Ctrl+A for 'select all', etc.

In the end I had to displace a number of existing shortcuts, a
move that I didn't expect would be popular among long-term users
of the program. Also, I wanted to eventually add the ability to
customize shortcuts, which would override my changes anyway.

When you say shortcuts it sounds like the keybindings for keys to use instead of
menu pulldowns.  There is an existing mechanism for changing these in pcbmenu.res files
in a local project directory.

John Griessen