gEDA-user: gEDA beginners questions about gschem-programming

    Hi ,
    My name is Stephen.
    I work in Electronics Design Field. I got into industry only before one
    year. The reason im writing this email is im a linux fan and user with
    medium level experience.Im familiar with shell commands and able to do
    little bit C program.
    What i would like to do is to customize the gschem program. ie
    primarily its GUI. I want to change the options tabs etc to suit my
    work pattern.Ive searched topics like  tweaking of environment by
    editing some configuration files in the wiki.But i want to go further
    than that.
    But im a Electronics graduate with no background in playing with such
    big programs like gschem..
    I ve downloaded the geda sources on my ubuntu machine..
    1. Can u guide me ..At least tell me where to look at ..what method i
    should approach???
    2.can i use some packages like glade for GUI design?? or shall i ve to
    do eveything via programming??
    3.I think the first thing for me is to compile the package from the
    sources in my machine and then edit little by little Am i rite??
    4.Is there any way to get a glimpse of how the source code is all
    organised , typical functions explanations etc etc from some
    document???
    Hmm...Maybe im making a big mistake here by trying to jump into
    something  very tough..but im interested.
    Thanks & regards
     Stephen.
    "Be good, be kind, be humane, and charitable; love your fellows;

    console the afflicted; pardon those who have done you wrong."

    Zoroaster. [01.gif]
    -