Re: gEDA-user: Garbage drawn outside of pcb board area

On Thu, 2010-06-10 at 00:16 +0200, Krzysztof KoÅciuszkiewicz wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 09:14:12PM +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:
>
> > > You were right - it seems the driver is at fault... It wasn't always
> > > like that so I'll try to track down what change broke the rendering.
> >
> > It might not be the driver's fault if I'm doing evil things like making
> > GL calls out of valid context setup. (Which I was).
>
> You were right, I have to retract the statement about the driver's fault.
>
> I got the hint from this FAQ:
> http://www.opengl.org/resources/faq/technical/clipping.htm#0080
>
> The attached patch fixes the issue for me.

I finally got a chance to look at this - sorry it took so long!

I'm not sure it is correct.. the expose event doesn't necessarily cover
the whole drawing area, so we only actually want to glClear the areas
being drawn. I still wonder if this relates to a driver bug.

Perhaps you could try a clean checkout of my latest "before_pours"
branch (just pushed). I've spent a little time refactoring the code, and
have put in a few (temporary) hacks to avoid various GL calls which were
being made out of proper context setup.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton