Re: gEDA-user: GEDA questions

   Thanks for the quick reply. I am ok with the PCB duplicating
   subcircuits. The rename
   could be easier but emacs is my savior. Would it be reasonable to use a
   text editor
   and mark all lines as rbberend?

   George
   Aug 30, 2010 01:18:52 PM, [1]geda-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

     >George M. Gallant, Jr. wrote:
     >
     >> 1. Is there a tutorial on how to use hierarchy in gschem/pcb?
     >
     >Hmm, the tutorial by Bill Wilson covers multiple schematics but the
     >not hierarchical schematics. And DJs effort seems to be not yet
     there.
     >A tutorial dedicated to hierarchical schematics is waiting for
     someone
     >to step up and write.
     >In the meantime, you may look at the gTAG project that comes
     shipped
     >with geda in the examples directory.
     >

     >> Just finished a board with 8 identical analog circuits. It
     >> would have been nice to draw one and let the tools do the
     >> rest.
     >
     >This is easy in the schematics but a little messy in the layout.
     >For a simple sub circuit you can copy the traces and manually move
     the
     >correct components where they belong. Alternatively, you can copy
     both
     >tracks and components. Then rename the names of the copied
     footprints
     >in an ascii editor according to the way your gsch2pcb munges the
     refdes.
     >That's the how I did it the other month for a little 6x circuit.
     >
     >Also see
     >[2]
     >class="parsedLink"
     target="_blank">[3]http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:pcb_tips#is_there_
     a_way_to_do_multiple_instances_of_a_subcircuits

     >> 2. What is the function of "rubberend" in PCB?
     >
     >The "rubber band mode" in the settings menu lets you drag on
     corners.
     >If the mode is active, all track that end near the place where you
     drag
     >will follow. This is also true, if you drag vias, or whole
     footprints.
     >If the mode is turned off, track will "rip off". I like to do most
     >routing with rubber band mode turned on.
     >
     >---<)kaimartin(>---
     >--
     >Kai-Martin Knaak tel: +49-511-762-2895
     >UniversitÃt Hannover, Inst. fÃr Quantenoptik fax:
     +49-511-762-2211