Re: gEDA-user: kicad/gerbview vs. pcb/gerbv: interpretation of "Circular Interpolation"

On Aug 31, 2010, at 10:32 AM, DJ Delorie wrote:

>> That all depends on what the software says the difference is.  I can
>> see those being very different things.  One is an arc that is less
>> than half a circle and the other an arc that is more than half a
>> circle.  But if the software interprets all of these as being less
>> than half a circle, then they are the same.
>
> I meant the difference in G-codes :-)

Ah!  A *technical* question...

Well, in regular G-code G02 or G03 says clockwise/counter-clockwise arc interpolation, given X,Y, and some combination of I,J,K,R parameters. I presume RS-274X works the same way, but I honestly only look closely at milling machine CNC code these days.

-dave