Re: gEDA-user: Anybody ever had a board assembled (pick and place)?

You may wish to try Silver Circuits/CustomPCB [ http://www.custompcb.com/ ].  I've used them before; they have reasonable prices and do good fab work.  They can work with Silvtronics [ http://www.silvtronics.com/ ] to get the assembly step done.

Other suggestions I've received from outside this list in the past were for OurPCB [ http://www.ourpcb.com/ ] and for Gold Phoenix [ http://www.goldphoenixpcb.biz/ ].  I know nothing about either of these, except that the two folks from whom the suggestions originated have had good results with each.

--
"There are some things in life worth obsessing over.  Most
things aren't, and when you learn that, life improves."