gEDA-user: pcb export to gcode

I would like to try what I think will be a minor alteration to the pcb export to gcode code.
Just for the fun of it I would like to use my table top cnc with a sharpie to plot the traces on the copper.
To do this I think I need the export to gcode to move the plot line inside the trace by the tool radius.
Could someone offer a pointer where to start?
I have perused the code in pcb-20100929/src/hid/gcode but see nothing that jumps out at me.

Thanks
Richard