Re: gEDA-user: Constraint-based PCB footprint design

On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 03:47:25 +0100
Rob Spanton <rspanton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've recently been playing around with designing footprints by
> describing a set of constraints that position features relative to
> each other.  This is rather than specifying the absolute co-ordinates
> of every feature.

Rob,

Thanks for this tool!  It is exactly what I have dreamed of, as I labor
with pencil, paper, and calculator to derive the absolute coordinates
from package and footprint drawings.

I hope you continue to develop this tool; it will be a great addition
to the gEDA pcb tool, and I would love to see more reasons to choose
gEDA over competing proprietary tools like Eagle.  (Not that I need to
be convinced... but to bring more new users to gEDA.)

Regards,
Colin