gEDA-user: PCB nanometer git tree

Hey all,

I have a pcb branch available here for testing:

  git clone git://wpsoftware.net/pcb-andrew.git
  git checkout coord6

which uses the new unit-handling code, including a metric base
unit. There are probably huge glaring bugs in this. Please let
me know if you see them.

(Note that you need to checkout branch coord6. There is also
 a coord5 branch -- this is NOT the same coord5 that existed
 the last time I posted the link. Please re-clone. Trying to
 do a pull will likely result in grief.)

New features not in mainline pcb (yet):

  1. Nanometer precision. No more rounding errors. Probably there
     will be overflow errors though. I'm working on it.

  2. You can tack a unit suffix onto pretty much anything that
     makes sense, including command-line options, .pcb contents
     and dialog box inputs.

  3. Coordinate inputs now have a customize spinbox that handles
     units. You can type in different units than the default and
     they will roll with it. You can also convert to different
     units by right-clicking and choosing "Change Units" submenu.

  4. All these can be used as display units. The mm/mil button
     will only give you mm and mil, but to access the others
     just type
       :SetUnits(in)
     for example.

  5. Grid setting is saved in the .pcb via the PCB::grid::unit
     attribute.

  6. All units are available in BOM and gcode exporters.

  7. Numerous code cleanups.

Please test this and let me know what needs to be done. Thanks!

--
Andrew Poelstra
Email: asp11 at sfu.ca OR apoelstra at wpsoftware.net
Web:   http://www.wpsoftware.net/andrew/