Re: gEDA-user: The difference in pcb gerber and gerbv gerber

On Thu, 11 Aug 2011, Andrew Poelstra wrote:

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 03:21:24PM -0500, kqt4at5v@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
If I produce a layout in pcb and export the gerber files then load
the gerber files into gerbv and export once again as gerber I get
two different files
I have been reading http://www.excellon.com/manuals/program.htm
trying to understand but I am a bit lost
Could someone throw me a bone

gerbv and pcb are separate programs with separate gerber export
code. How serious is the discrepancy?

For a beginner with an untrained eye just different enough to may it much more difficult