Re: gEDA-user: Line Thickness in Imported DXF Files; Rotating by Arbitrary Angle; UTF-8

Gus Fantanas wrote:

> First, I am given a board outline in DXF format by a mechanical
> engineer. I can successfully convert it to pcb format (import it to
> qcad, print it as ps; convert it to encapsulated ps with 'ps2epsi';
> convert it to pcb using 'pstoedit' with the '-usbbfrominput' and '-f
> pcb' options). However, when I finally import it to pcb, the original
> lines turn out very thick. I think they become thick when the original
> DXF file is imported to qcad. Is there any easy way to control the
> thickness of the imported lines across the whole conversion chain? As it
> stands now, I have to thin out each line imported from the DXF file by hand.

Last week, I wrote a little bashscript that manipulates the linewidth
of all selected lines of a layout. Currently, it can divide by ten or
multiply by ten. To use it, you would:

1) download the script "set_linewidth.sh" from my section of gedasymbols
    ( http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/kai_martin_knaak/ )

2) open your layout in PCB

3) select all lines that need a diet

4) save the layout

5) run
   set_linewidth.sh /10 YOURLAYOUT.pcb

6) do revert from the file menu of PCB to load the changed layout.
Now, all lines that have been selected previously should be a lot
thinner.

The script uses gawk because I wanted to make use of the switch
statement. If you mant to run it with plain awk, you may tweak it
a little.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak