Subject: [Fwd: Proposed plan]
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 01:24:46 +0200
From: Javier Serrano <Javier.Serrano@xxxxxxx>
To: John Griessen <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi John,

Would you like to join this discussion?

Cheers,

Javier

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Javier Serrano <Javier.Serrano@xxxxxxx>
To: foss-pcb@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Proposed plan
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 01:00:14 +0200

Dear all,

As most of you know, the purpose of this mailing list is to propose a
roadmap to bring FOSS PCB design tools to a level of quality and
features comparable with other non-open options.

I think it would make sense to split this effort in three phases:

1. Make a list of features for the ultimate PCB design tool.
2. Discuss current FOSS projects and (hopefully) pick one which can
evolve into what we define in phase 1.
3. Generate work package descriptions to have the project selected in
phase 2 cover all items of phase 1.

I would keep track of the results of discussion in
http://www.ohwr.org/projects/ohr-meta/wiki/Foss-pcb

If all this takes place in the coming month or so, then the work package
list can be published and advertised in a number of fora (the OH
workshop in October, FSCONS...) so that potential contributors can pick
one WP and start working.

If you have any suggestions or remarks concerning this plan, let's
discuss them here. Otherwise, I propose we move straight away into phase
1. I am looking forward to many interesting discussions with all of you.

Cheers!

Javier

--
Ecosensory  1218 W 39th St.  Austin TX 78756