Re: gEDA-user: viewing side vs. layers

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 21:17:11 -0700
Andrew Poelstra <asp11@xxxxxx> wrote:

> What should be happening? I will make sure this works
> when I implement my new gtk layer selector.

You see your board from component side, and you switch off the copper view of
the other side. Optionally, switch off the "far side". Now press tap one time,
and the other side will show up (components on the other side, copper on other
side). Press TAB once again. Components on the component side will show up,
and the copper on the other side will remain. Press TAB a few times to play
with it.

BTW. This mechanism is good when you work with two layers. However, it is not
so good when you have a 4 layer board. Some more generic strategy would be
better.

However, thank you for your effort to make PCB better! :-)

Levente

--
Levente Kovacs
http://levente.logonex.eu