gEDA-user: Bug in gEDA/gaf - mingw (Win32 port) Version 20020527m4

When I loaded IgEDA/gaf - mingw (Win32 port) Version 20020527m4 onto my system, the installer put the program on the C: drive - which wasn't clever, since on my system the C: drive is 80Mbytes of boot partition for the various Windows operating systems.

I'd carefully set up a directory in the Windows XP partition - F:/Program Files/gEDA - where I'd saved the installation program at download, and there is some 11 Gbyte of space free on that drive, and I'd rather expected that I'd get a choice of installation drive and directory.

Oddly enough, gschem starts up fine and seems to work.

For background, the system also has Windows NT on the D: drive, Windows 98 on the E: drive and Mandrake Linux 9.0 on hdb1.

I was planning on reinstalling gEDA under Linux, but while Mandrake 9.0 found my adsl link at installation, and configured it well enough that I could log into http://www.geda.seul.org/, it didn't do as well this morning.

I managed to install gEDA on this system a few years ago (before Windows XP and the second hard disc) but a previous encounter with the Mandrake installer formatted it out of existence, and reinstalling it hadn't really been a practical option until I got an adsl link to my home computer.

At the moment it looks as if I am a potential tester for the Windows versions of gEDA, provided that the installer gets to be a bit less inflexible.

I suppose could always install it at work under Windows 2000 - my computer there is plain vanilla with just one C: partition.

-----
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen