gEDA-user: annotation layer in PCB

anyone know if there is support for any sort of annotation layer
in PCB?  I'm looking for something which could be used as, for
example, an alignment mark to help me get a connector the correct
distance from the board edge or to indicate a via keepout region
under a pad.  I don't want to use the silk layer because in
the first case it would put silk on the board edge (possible not
allowed) and in the second case because I'd end up with silk on
a pad.

Thanks
-Dan