gEDA-user: footprint naming for silly sot23's

anyone have any suggestions for good names for sot23 packages?

Currently the geda symbol library in PCB uses:

SOT23 for:

      3

    1    2

which matches drawings found on the Philips and Maxim web sites,

and

SOT23D for:

      1

    2   3

which I guess is for some diodes, didn't check around,
but some companies such as NEC/CEL use

      3

    2   1

doh!  perhaps this should be added with the name
SOT23-2 or SOT23M (for "mirror")?

Any suggestions?

Are we supprised that for a pkg with only 3 pins companies
would decide to number them this many ways :(

-Dan