Re: Attributes. was: Re: gEDA-user: Spice simulation library for ASIC design / life and death

Hi Stuart,

>Just out of curiosity:  We discussed allowing "source" attributes
>built into symbols to be promoted (i.e. displayed) in gschem.  (They
>are currently discarded.)  Have you had any further thoughts about
>this for the next release?

	I am all for doing this, however promotion of the source=
attribute is only part of the solution (as I understand things).  We
still all need to agree on the relative path issues.  I'm going
to hold off on adding this in this very next release (but I might add
a mechanism for promotion of certain attributes for something else I'm
working on).  We can do it in the following release, once there is some
sort of consensus.

	Please file a bug with the feature request so I don't forget
it. Thanks.

								-Ales