Re: gEDA-user: Plastic Ball Grid Array (PBGA) packages?

> This idea seems very similar to the tool I
> described. Minus the optical
> alignment. With grids of 1mm (.8mm already) or less
> I get nervouse about
> being off by a row. The capilary effect will help
> twist the part into
> alignment but I don't think it will cause the device

The baord will have some kind of frame to hold it
in place... I wonder if some kind of jib could be used
to help hold the device in place?

Maybe some bolts strategically located around the
device to gently hold it in place. (not tight, because
of thermal expansion could damage the device.)
Maybe have tiny springs at the end of the bolt to take
up the thermal expansion and still keep everything
snug?

just a thought.

Laser pointers are pretty cheap any more. I have a
level with one built in that comes in handy to mount
picture frames. maybe something like that to
make sure it doesnt move after its placed?

Ken