Re: gEDA-user: prolog.ps

Karel Kulhavy <clock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> I found this in gschem.log:
> Unable to open the prolog file `prolog.ps' for reading in f_print_header()
> But why is it opening prolog.ps and not /usr/local/share/gEDA/prolog.ps?
> When I insert prolog.ps behing the %%Beginprolog%% then the ps can be
displayed.

It's trying to open 'prolog.ps' because it does not know where to find the
actual prolog file.  Your system-gafrc is missing the command to tell it
where to look.

Okay, this is what you are missing in your system-gafrc:

-----
; postscript-prolog
;
;  Sets the name of the postscript prolog file that will be
; pasted into the postscript output after the DSC comments, but
; before the main script.
(postscript-prolog "${GEDADATA}/prolog.ps")
-----

This command will appear in your system-gafrc if you also download and
install the latest symbols tarball. This is where system-gafrc is shipped.
I added this in the system-gafrc because this is where the global paths are
set up, and it is the logical place to add it.  Usually most people download
all the tarballs and install all the tools, instead of just one or two of
them.  I think that the recommended proceedure for updating a gEDA
installation has been to always download and install all the parts.  Note
that there are several other important paths set up in that file, so other
things may not work for you either, if they have changed since your last
install of the symbols package.

                              Mike Jarabek
                                FPGA/ASIC Designer
   http://www.istop.com/~mjarabek