Re: gEDA-user: PCB fab supplies -- drills

I had a friend who was a dentist and he gave me about 50 or 60 old dental burrs
after he sterilized them a number of years ago. They work fine in the Dremel
tool I use to drill out my boards. If I am concerned about the size I have a
0-1" micrometer to measure them.

Gary K8IZ

What is a good source for the small sizes like .025 to .070 inch?

Woodcraft has HSS twist bits in wire sizes 60 to 80 (40-13 mils). http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID=784

Grizzly has reground CNC bits in random sizes down to 13 mil.
http://www.grizzly.com/products/G7950

The carbides are easier to use, but more fragile.

Gary P. Fiber K8IZ GROL PG-19-6691 Washington State Resident