Re: gEDA-user: Moving ADC data around

Peter -

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 09:59:03AM +0000, Peter TB Brett wrote:
> Slightly off-topic, but I need some suggestions: I'm currently building an ADC
> board to go with an existing microprocessor board I have available. It's
> going to have eight 100 kHz 12-bit serial ADCs.

We built a board for internal use that has 12 500 kS/s 16-bit
serial ADCs.  They connect to an XC3S400 FPGA, and from there
to a PC host via USB.  The whole board measures about 5x10 inches,
and draws 5.5 Watts from unregulated +12V (i.e., battery).
Including gain-switching and signal averaging, it effectively
has about 170 dB of dynamic range.  It works reliably in the
field.  Tell me if you want more info.

   - Larry