Re: gEDA-user: fun/easy BGA part

> You could try some DC-DC chips like the ON-Semi NCP1523, 8 pins and
> only five or six passives. TI or National may have others.

Hey, I could actually use one of those in the furnace board to make
3.3v from 5v.  Do they make one that can do 5v to 3.8v ?  The gumstix
has its own LDO regulators so you can't feed it clean 3.3v, and they
don't have the dissipation to handle 5v input.

OTOH I was thinking of something on the order of a 5x5 or 6x6 grid.  A
6x6 can be broken out on one layer, no vias needed.